When You File
Once you decide to file for Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy relief, you will need to:
- complete credit counseling and receive your certificate;
- complete all required forms; and
- file your documents and pay filing fees with the Bankruptcy Clerk's Office.
- List of Creditors This must be filed with your petition and must be a separate list from your other documents. It is needed in order to notify your creditors that you have filed bankruptcy and to stop collection efforts.
- Bankruptcy Filing Fees The payment should be included with your filing.
- Official Bankruptcy Forms See Form B 2000 for Required Lists, Schedules, Statement and Fees. (Quick reference filing checklist).
- Guidance for protecting personal information when filing tax information Section 830.50.
- You can still participate in the Self-Help Program.