Electronic Proof Claim - Frequently Asked Questions

Q - Can ePOC be used to file changes to mortgage payments?

A - ePOC does not allow filing of mortgage payment changes.  These must be filed in CM/ECF using a limited creditor or attorney filing account.

Q - Can I file an electronic proof of claim in any chapter case?

A - Yes. The US Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania accepts electronic claims in all cases. 

Q - Do I need to attach the 410 claim form as an attachment?

A - No. The fillable form will create the 410 form. Any attachments should consist of supporting documentation to the Proof of Claim.

Q- Is a signature required on the Proof of Claim?

A - Yes. Type the name and title, if any, of the person authorized to file the claim on behalf of the creditor.

Q - Can I include a separate mailing address for payments?

A - Yes. Check the box indicating that the Payment Address is different from the Notice Address. An additional address field will appear for this alternate address for payments.

Q - Can I get a stamp-filed acknowledgment of the Proof of Claim?

A - Yes. The Court’s claim number will display with a link to the electronically file-stamped proof of claim upon submitting the proof of claim. The claim will be file stamped as of the entry date. It is recommended that the claim be printed or saved at this time.

Q - I am a creditor’s attorney and will be filing a claim on behalf of my client. How do I record the creditor address and my address as attorney?

A - When filing the claim, there is a drop-down box on the first screen which allows you, the filer, to select who is submitting the claim. The options are: Creditor; Creditor’s Attorney; Debtor; Debtor’s Attorney; or Trustee. If the attorney is the filer, you will be able to add the attorney name and address and select the creditor’s name from the listing of creditors in the case or if the creditor is not listed or listed incorrectly, you are able to add the correct creditor. Both names and addresses will be added to the mailing matrix and displayed on the Proof of Claim and Claims Register.

Q - I filed a claim and my attachments did not properly attach to the claim filed. How do I get the supporting documentation filed?

A - Follow the steps below:

a) Ensure that the attachment(s) is in PDF format and is being submitted in black and white (no color documents).
b) Confirm that each PDF document being attached is less than 2 MB in size.
c) File an amended claim and attach the correct PDF images.
d) When filing the amended claim, check the box on the form that designates that the claim is amended. Select the claim number of the claim to be amended.
e) Attachments must be added by the process above. Amendments are not to be faxed or mailed to the Trustee’s office.

Q - When will the claim appear on the claims register?

A - The claim will immediately appear on the claims register upon submitting the proof of claim.

Q - Will the Trustee be served with the Proof of Claim?

A - Yes. The Trustee will receive notification of the claim filed. You do not need to file a separate paper claim with the Trustee’s office.

Q - I need to amend a claim. How do I do this?

A - When completing the fillable claim form, check the box (above Item 1. on the form) to indicate that the claim amends a previously filed claim. You can then enter the Court claim number and/or date of the previous claim.

Q - How will I know the treatment of my claim by the Chapter 13 Trustee?

A - Check with the Chapter 13 Trustee assigned to the case.

Q- If my claim has been paid, should I file a Withdrawal of Claim?

A- No. A withdrawal of claim is typically filed when the claim was filed in error and there are no funds due the creditor from the estate. If you file a withdrawal of claim in a case where you have received distributions from the Trustee, the Trustee’s office will contact you regarding a refund of those funds.

Q - At the time of filing my claim, I do not know the amount that is due. How do I enter “Unknown” in the amount for the claim?

A - In the amount box, enter: 0.00. Attach documentation to the claim explaining the reason that the 0.00 was entered. Once you know the amount of the claim, file an amended claim.