Redemption of Collateral/Property

Rev. 07/13/15
On motion by the debtor or trustee the debtor may redeem tangible personal property primarily intended for personal, family, or household use, from a lien securing a dischargeable consumer debt, by paying the holder of such lien the amount of the allowed secured claim. The property must be exempted under Section 522 and been abandoned by Section 554.
This filing should be accompanied by the Motion/Pleading, Notice of Motion, Certificate of Service (evidencing service of Motion/Pleading and Notice of Motion) and Proposed Order.
For order format, please see Proposed Orders
Codes, Rules and Forms:
Bankruptcy Code:
Bankruptcy Rule:
Local Rule:
Local Form:

CM/ECF Event(s):
            Motions/Applications, Redeem
I.     Noticing:

       A.       Type:                  Passive - 14 day language only if motion is not signed by both parties

       B.       Who Serves:      Movant

       C.       Service:             D, DA, T and/or UST, L20, COMM, P